Compensation - Salaried based on experience
Benefits Offered - Vision, Medical and Dental Insurance
Employment Type - Full Time Position
College education preferred. 3 years restaurant management experience required minimum for this position.
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient and profitable operation of the location. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, maintaining high standards and conditions in the front of house as well in the back of house all while maintaining a consistent experience for everyone. Must be able to foster and lead a positive work environment. Provide consistently fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers (guests) and team members. The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for creating the tone and personality of the restaurant. Must be an advocate of training team members which will include, the wait staff, kitchen staff, and support staff so that they can better serve each other and all restaurant guests. Must be a teacher to the team and will be expected to better educate the team through the company’s policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the restaurant by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Maintains a clean restaurant which includes the front and back of house areas along with all storage areas.
- Following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Involved with MENU’s for each part of the day
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- ·Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at his/her restaurant.
- Pro-active in solving customer issues and problems all while trying to satisfying customers in various situations that male their experience as best as it can be.
- Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our Guiding Principles and Company Rules / Policies.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the Company’s service standards, policies and procedures.
- Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the whole restaurant.
- ·Ensures that all Company drink and food recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all Company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services by developing an understanding of our various types of food that is served. Maintains a strict quality assurance for all food and drinks.
Training & Development:
- ·Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in all areas of operations. Including company standards, customer service, product knowledge, and food quality.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion of Company Principles, House Rules, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a team member which includes the wait staff, kitchen staff, support staff and supervisors to become efficient and effective in their positions.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
- ·College education preferred. 3 years restaurant management experience required.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows Live, Google Chrome.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and communicate well.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Serve Safe Certification if not already ceritifed
- Must be able to obtain a Food Safety Certification if not already certified.